This organization is open to any parent, teacher or staff member of HHS. Members are asked to give a suggested annual donation of just $10. This money provides monetary resources for the club to “boost” HHS academics. Some of the activities that the club sponsors are:
• Quarterly A/B Honor Roll Drawings and Spotlight Red Fox program that recognizes students who have shown improvement
• Quarterly Teacher Appreciation Events such as Tailgating Treats (Fall Parent/Teacher Conference Night), Thanksgiving lunch during American Education Week, Valentine Goodies, and the Spring Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
• Mini-grants to teachers for academic “extras”
• Fall BBQ to raise money for academics
• Senior Scholarships in the amount of $500 each (33 were awarded last year)
• End of Year Academic Awards Program to recognize academic achievement
Usually, ABC meets on the first Monday of each month. Members are encouraged to attend but attendance is not necessary--we understand people are busy! You can support the work of ABC through monetary donations, assistance at events, and donations of food, goodies, and snacks. For example, we give away over 200 goodies/gifts at each quarterly A/B honor roll drawing!
For more information, contact Sandra Gaskins in the Guidance Office or one of our officers below.
President: Marla Prozzi firstname.lastname@example.org or 861-1677
Vice-President: Shannon Franklin
Secretary: Laurie Stacy email@example.com
Treasurer: Dawn Burr firstname.lastname@example.org